All renters are subject to the following policies
- A DOT Helmet must be worn at all times during operation and can be provided upon request by River City Rides.
- Zero alcohol consumption while operating the vehicle (no exceptions).
- Renters must read and sign the rental agreement and liability release.
- Traffic & parking violations are the responsibility of the renter. Undeclared parking tickets not paid by the renter will be charged to the renter, and will include an additional $25.00 processing fee.
- If, for any reason, upon the return of the rented motorcycle, River City Rides is unable to perform an immediate inspection of the vehicle, River City Rides will hold the deductible until it has an opportunity to conduct an inspection up to a maximum of 48 hours.
- Renters who have signed the rental agreement and liability release are the only persons allowed to operate the rented motorcycle.
- Operation of a motorcycle on unpaved roads is not permitted and will result in a penalty payable to River City Rides. The amount shall be of the applicable coverage deductible in addition to any damages sustained.
Requirements and Licensing
- A valid Class 6 motorcycle license is required for all motorcycle rentals. Renters with a learners or novice license (6L) are subject to certain restrictions (please call for details).
- Any rider of a rented motorcycle must be at least 22 years of age, with a minimum of 2 years riding experience, with exceptions (See point 1).
- A valid International Driver’s Permit is required for licenses that do not meet Canadian standards.
- The renter must be qualified and possess the required skills and experience to safely operate the motorcycle or scooter they wish to rent. The renter represents that they possess the necessary qualifications, required skills, and experience to safely operate the rental motorcycle.
- Coverage deductibles ranging from $1,000.00-$2,000.00 depending on the specific motorcycle are required for all motorcycle rentals through credit card authorization only.
Reservations & Cancellations
- Reservations require a deposit of 50% of the total rental rate to secure the reservation at the time of the booking. The remaining 50% of the rental and the cost of insurance will be due upon pick up.
- Cancellations prior to 15 days of the date of the reservation are subject to a refund of 50% of the value of the deposit and the issue of a credit for the remaining 50% of the deposit, which is to be used within one year of the date of issue.
- Cancellations within 15 days, but prior to 72 hours of the date of the reservation, will be issued a full credit for the amount of the deposit, which is to be used within one year of the date of issue. No refund or credit will be given if the reservation is cancelled within 72 hours of rental.
- Renters who do not provide notice of cancellation prior to the date for their rental will forfeit the full value of the rental, with no credit or refund.
- Cancellations due to the renter’s failure to meet the requirements and licensing are the renter’s responsibility. Cancellations are subject to the full value of the rental with no credit or refund to be issued.
- Any changes to a confirmed reservation may be subject to a $20.00 administration fee.
- The renter is responsible for reporting mechanical issues as soon as possible. Instructions and procedures for maintenance are provided at pick-up. Failure to do so resulting in damage to the rental will be charged to the renter.
- The renter should contact River City Rides for assistance or information relating to the rental
- In the event of an accident the renter will be responsible for all costs incurred in the retrieval and repair of the motorcycle, up to the stated coverage deductible.
- Renter is responsible for costs of replacement tires or repairs due to improper use during the rental duration.
Updated: Dec 22, 2014